Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Semester

I just finished my first day of classes with Security and DB. Both sound pretty good, but security should be particularly interesting, educational, and useful. I'm really looking forward to it. Security has course readings, which is somewhat unusual for CS classes, but at least the material is interesting (and very relevant). Here's an example of the first one we need to read: Smashing The Stack.

DB is apparently pretty much a course on making an optimizing compiler, which also sounds pretty promising. :)

Also, I really need to watch the new Sherlock episode soon. If you haven't watched the BBC Sherlock mini-series yet, I very highly recommend it!

All in all, this is shaping up to be a great term. :)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. :) Exact same article we read for security! Also, PostgreSQL is awesome.

    ReplyDelete