Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Programming Achievements

This is a pretty funny article: What if Visual Studio had achievements?

Here are the ones I have:

  • Shotgun Debugging – 5 Consecutive Solution Rebuilds with a single character change
  • The Portal – Created a circular project dependency <- This was a silly mistake and I fixed it. :)
  • Pasta Chef – Created a class with more than 100 fields, properties or methods <- Auto-generated LINQ code. :P
  • The Poet – Written a source file with more than 10,000 lines < - Again, auto-generated LINQ code.
  • Highway to Hell – Successfully created a WCF service
  • The Right Way – Test method is longer than the tested method
  • The Defender – Checked every argument for null exceptions
  • The Cloner – Copy-pasted more than 50 lines

Which ones do you have (and are willing to admit :P)?

2 comments:

  1. God damn, I saw this on my RSS feed and for a second I thought it was from that MSDN blog.

    I was like hmm, seems a bit out of character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sword Fighter
    Shotgun Debugging
    The Portal
    The Multitasker
    The Defender
    The Cloner
    Every Option Considered

    :)

    ReplyDelete