Sunday, January 23, 2011

Healthcare Data Management

A friend showed me this video about visualizing medical data:



Some very cool images. I wasn't aware that CT scanners were that powerful. Also, that virtual table is pretty sick. Screw the iPad.

I think that the speaker in the video brings up very interesting problem hitting healthcare informatics right now: too much information. I've mentioned before that physicians don't have time to look at every detail in your medical record. They need concise summaries of all this data. I think that filtering this data in an intelligent way will be a great application of computer science in the future. I think that'd be a cool area for me to pursue later in career.

I'm going to go buy a CT scanner and scan some lions now. ttyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment